Forum Discussion

david-beltran
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Property checkpoint expecting bolded text

Currently using a Property Checkpoint to determine if a sentence on a page says "You are enrolled in auto pay." or "You are not enrolled in auto pay.". With the word not being bolded the keyword test is currently failing. I'm using a Project level string variable that has "You are not enrolled in auto pay." stored in it. Below is the error that I'm getting. I'm not seeing a way to update the Property Checkpoint to not care about the bolded text. Is there a way to update the Project level variable to include the bolded text? If not, are there any other options available? Thank you. 

AlexKaras
    2 years ago

Hi,

Store actual value into local variable and clean it (the value).

Then compare the cleaned value of the local variable with the expected value from the project variable. (I.e., in fact, do comparison of two variables.)

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

As per the screenshot, the actual text contains some special non-printing characters to bold a text. I am not sure these characters can be stored in a project variable. So I would suggest to store the actual text into some variable and try to clean-up the actual text by removing all non-printing characters from it and only then compare the content of the actual and expected variables.

david-beltran
      Occasional Contributor

How would I go about cleaning up the text if I'm taking it directly from a Property Checkpoint? My variable has the text without the bolded text. I tried to use '*not*' in my variable with the wildcards and it was still not able to compare them properly. 

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

Store actual value into local variable and clean it (the value).

Then compare the cleaned value of the local variable with the expected value from the project variable. (I.e., in fact, do comparison of two variables.)