Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Problem with recording in IE8

Hello,

I am currently using the trail of TestComplete on a web-based application.

I'm having troubles with recording very simple tests in IE8, such as log-in to the application (IE was defined as a tested app with the relevant URL, than I inserted username and password and entered the application.)

During the run of this test, TC cannot recognize objects on the log-in page and keeps giving me the 'Ambiguous recognition' warning and the 'The object does not exist' error.  I assume it may have something to do with name mapping, but I don't know what causes this problem from the beginning. Therefore, I recorded the same actions exactly on Firefox, and It worked just fine. What is different?

In order to decide whether TC is suitable for our product, I would like to make sure that it is possible to record tests in IE just as easily as it was on Firefox. We are about to use TC only on IE.

Thanks in advance,

Inna.

1 Reply

• Hi Inna,

You need to analyze the properties used for mapping the problematic object and compare them with the properties of the actual object. It is necessary to make sure that the mapping criteria are correct and provide unique identification of the problematic object.

If you cannot find out what is wrong, please reproduce the problem, pack the entire project suite folder and send us the archive via the Contact Support form.