Forum Discussion

Paki
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Problem in the DDT.ADODriver SQLStatement and ConnectionString

Hi Guys,

I have in my VB application two date pickers DTPfrom and DTPto

I select from them two dates, a SQL statement on access DB called "School" is executed and in MSFlexGrid, I call it Grid in the script,the records between these dates are displayed

I want MyDriver to execute the SQL Statement as well to ensure that Grid displays the right records

==> I tried to make it and I have error in the Code (Cannot convert from type "Dispatch" to "String")

==> here is the script

Dim DTPfrom,DTPto

Set DTPfrom = control2.Frame1.DTPfrom

Set DTPto= control2.Frame1.DTPto

Dim SQLStatement

Dim ConnectionString

Dim Driver

==> Those three Lines throw Exceptions

'Set ConnectionString="DSN=School;DBQ=D:\TestingProjects\School Access\School Project\Project\School.mdb;DriverId=25;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;UID=admin;"

'Set SQLStatement="SELECT * FROM STUDENT WHERE ADMISSION_DATE >= #" & DTPfrom & "# and ADMISSION_DATE <= #" & DTPto & "# ORDER BY ADMISSION_DATE,ID"

'Set SQLStatement="SELECT * FROM STUDENT WHERE ADMISSION_DATE >= #" & Format(DTPfrom, "dd-mmm-yy") & "# and ADMISSION_DATE <= #" & Format(DTPto, "dd-mmm-yy") & "# ORDER BY ADMISSION_DATE,ID"

'Create Driver

Set Driver=DDT.ADODriver(ConnectionString,SQLStatement)

If Grid.Cols <> Driver.ColumnCount Then

Log.Error "Columns are not of the same count"

Exit Sub

End If

'Retrieve from Driver

Dim s

While Driver.EOF() = False

s=Driver.Value(0)&Driver.Value(1)&Driver.Value(2)&Driver.Value(3)&Driver.Value(4)&Driver.Value(5)

Log.Message (s)

Driver.Next

Wend

1 Reply

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Pakinam,

The 'Set' keyword in VBScript is used to assign the value to the variables that reference objects (i.e. object variables). ConnectionString and SQLStatament are not objects but ordinary string variables, so the 'Set' keyword must be removed.