Forum Discussion

bgillcoat
New Contributor
12 years ago

[Res] Failed to init connection for drvr - connectionString

Hi,

Need some help here troubleshooting a JDBC connection to a database. We have the database conection working between one SoapUI installation to the database, but on another SoapUI installation on a separate Windows machine we get the following error when we test the JDBC database connection.

com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Failed to init connection for drvr [com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver], connectionString [jdbc:sqlserver://10.106.18.75:1433;databaseName=Registry;user=sa;password=#####]

Side my side comparisons on the connectionString show they are identical.

What's the next step in troubleshooting this?

Thanks, Blaine Gillcoat

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Have you made sure that you have the MS-SQL Server JDBC driver in the soapui-pro\bin\ext folder on the machine that isn't working?

regards,

/Ole
    SmartBear Software
  • I have a similar problem, I upgraded to 4.5.1 and had to place an odjdb14.jar file in the lib directory which resolved the problem for soapUI. However loadUI errors with the same message when I try and connect to the database. I have placed this same file in the lib directory of LoadUI and it still does not work. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Here is the error:

[com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Failed to init connection for drvr [oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver], connectionString [jdbc:oracle:thin:VIPER_TX/#####@twvdm:1521:vdev1]]
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

for loadUI to pick up the driver you need to add the following to your soapUI Projects' onLoad script (or to any script that is run before the TestCase);

com.eviware.soapui.support.GroovyUtils.registerJdbcDriver( "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" )

Does this help?

regards!

/Ole
    SmartBear Software
  • I put the same jar file in the ext directory for both soapui and loadui and it know seems to work.
    Thanks