Forum Discussion

Vec84
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Passing a test with certain failures

We have some warnings that arise when running a test however this always fails the test even though it completes. I know this isn't ideal but would it be possible to pass a test with these certain failures. The warnings I keep track of and our developers are investigating the issues that only happens through automation but for our results we want to confirm that it has completed the test.
I then want to write the warnings to an excel doc but I don't find the documentation helpful on this and it's quite hard to understand.
I'm using jscript and also quite new to programming.

• NisHera wrote:

logging a warning or error would create an event in TC.

so with event handles you may switch off selected error message.

for more you can refer to this

Some time TC could be faster than manual operation. I have seen some time TC behave differently than same manual operation. But to comment on that need to know what exactly your problem.

As far as I know there in no easy way to export TC logs to excel 

Check this

While not an easy way to export to excel, what you could do is use those same event handlers that, when the warnings come up, write the output to a CSV file (aqFile.OpenTextFile and aqFile.WriteTextFile and even the aqTextFile object... documentation all availble in the help).  If you can write out each line as comma delimited values, this should open up natively in excel.

6 Replies

NisHera
    Valued Contributor

Some time TC could be faster than manual operation. I have seen some time TC behave differently than same manual operation. But to comment on that need to know what exactly your problem.

Check this

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

NisHera wrote:

Check this

While not an easy way to export to excel, what you could do is use those same event handlers that, when the warnings come up, write the output to a CSV file (aqFile.OpenTextFile and aqFile.WriteTextFile and even the aqTextFile object... documentation all availble in the help).  If you can write out each line as comma delimited values, this should open up natively in excel.

• Can you please share error screenshot?

Thanks,

Karthick RaJ

Vec84
    Contributor
    Many thanks for your replies, I will attempt the event logs...I have CSV function however it restricts the functionality withing excel...conditional formatting etc you can't do
      tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

This is not to say you CAN'T write stuff out to Excel... just that the code for that is a bit more complicated.  

What you can do is create an Excel spreadsheet that reads CSV data in as a data source (not opening it as a file).  You can then have the static Excel file with all your conditional formatting, etc., with your data source being written out to CSV.

Vec84
        Contributor

Thanks for the reply... :smileyvery-happy:

So I have created a CSV file and managed to import it to an excel spreadsheet, however it doesn't seem to update every time I write to the CSV file. Is there a way to do this without importing the results again.

Cheers