Forum Discussion

g_kucharski
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

On Error Call

Hi,

I am using VBS to script my scenarios. TC works on remote machine and reports me in realtime with emails cases when results are different from expected. I run about 300 cases daily and want to concentrate on important cases only.

I have problems with cases when TC fails to get throgh the whole scenario - test fails with an error (overlapping windows, no object found or tested application fails with a fatal error). Of course there is info is the tests' log, but I created mail reports to avoid reading throgh 300 cases logs. Which cannot be reached while tests are going on anyway (12 hours or so, 5 am - 5pm).

Is there a way in TestComplete to force calling an 'error procedure' when there is error logged instead stopping / continuing the test?

regards

Greg

1 Reply

g_kucharski
    Occasional Contributor
    VBS does not suport ErrorHandlers, and only options available are on Error ResumeNext and On Error Goto 0. However there is a solution - EventHandlers which I ignored so far:

http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/55502/

I added EventHandler 'OnLogError':

'USEUNIT CommonScripts

'CommonScripts unit contains Subs and Functions used by other units, including MailErr and KillThemAll Sub

Sub

GameOver_OnLogError(Sender, LogParams)

'Take a screen shot of the active window.

Set Wshshell=CreateObject("Word.Basic")

WshShell.sendkeys"%{prtsc}"

'Send Keys seems to fail without a Proper Delay

Delay(500)

'Create PictureObject from Clipboard

Set PicObj = Sys.Clipboard

Call PicObj.SaveToFile("C:\ErrorPics\LastError.png")

'Send Email about error with prontscreen attached

Call MailErr(LogParams.AdditionalText, "GAME OVER - " & LogParams.MessageText)

'Kill all trash processes that might remain after error was logged

Call KillThemAll

'Stop

Runner.Stop(True)

End Sub