Forum Discussion

yule63
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

OleValue

Hi and thanks in andvance for your time and  reply to this email.

2 weeks ago I wrote  a script where it would access a set of data fields using "DataContext.FieldName.OleValue"   now after 2 weeks I can no longer access the same info using the above script.   Instead, it seems like I can access the same data using the same script without ".OleValue"  !!!!

Question:

1- why suddenly OleValue of a field no longer exist? is that an application code change that causes that or TC just suddenly decided that Olevalue no longer is accosiated with the fields?

2- is OLEValue a TC definision or its a Non TC defenition and what does it really mean?

Thanks a bunch for your assistance

Yule

2 Replies

Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Yule,

is OLEValue a TC definision or its a Non TC defenition and what does it really mean?

TestComplete uses the OleValue property to access values of Decimal, DataTime objects, enumeration members and strings in .NET, Silverlight, Java and JavaFX applications.

why suddenly OleValue of a field no longer exist? is that an application code change that causes that or TC just suddenly decided that Olevalue no longer is accosiated with the fields?

Could you please specify what application you are testing? Is the OleValue property no longer available for some specific objects in your tested application?

Thank you.

swapnaliuk
    Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have also come acorss the silimar issue, could you please let me know how you wrote  a script where it would access a set of data fields using "DataContext.FieldName.OleValue" please? I need to write a script which will access the set of Data fields using DataContext.FieldMappingType.