Forum Discussion

Alefi1
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Object or button not detected

Hi Team,

Could you tell me,  how can I make test complete detect a click within a dropdown, it is not detecting it and when I want to take evidence it takes the complete frame inside the screen, I already tried with the image based action option and with the record low option- level procedure (screen coordinates), without result, it marks me as that the image was not found, do i have another options that can use to fix this,  is a recurrent issue 😞

• Thanks everyone for participating in this thread!

Alefi1 If none of the suggestions from the community helped I would advise contacting support as this might require a deeper investigation! Thank you!

6 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

how can I make test complete detect a click within a dropdown

What type of detection you are talking about? Could you clarify please?

Can the dropdown be identified by the Object Spy / Object Browser?

What is recorded if you record the click?

What type of the tested application you are working with? (Desktop, Web, .Net, ...)

I want to take evidence it takes the complete frame inside the screen

What evidence you are talking about? Screenshot of control / dropdown or something else?

Alefi1
      New Contributor

Hi Alex,

I´m sorry for the delay in my Answer,  sure i can provide more information ad clarify.

how can I make test complete detect a click within a dropdown What type of detection you are talking about? Could you clarify please?

I´m trying to select one option from any dropdown within my test platform, for example:

I need to select within the Add drop down, the add product option

When I run the recorded steps it does not detect the Add product option and it does not click on this specific option and it marks an error that I could not find this option.

Can the dropdown be identified by the Object Spy / Object Browser?

When i select the Object Spy option:

select the entire screen and not the option I require

If I select Point and press the shortcut option, select the entire screen and not the option I require.

What type of the tested application you are working with? (Desktop, Web, .Net, ...) 

I´m Working with Desktop,  and with Chrome.

I want to take evidence it takes the complete frame inside the screen What evidence you are talking about? Screenshot of control / dropdown or something else?

dropdown, buttons, names, actions, specific sections.

Hope this clarifies a bit more what I'm trying to do.

Thanks

anupamchampati
        Frequent Contributor

For doing object spy on the dropdown use Point and press the shortcut option in the Object spy window and provide the object properties information.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Alex, thank you for your reply!

Hi Alefi1, looks like the Community needs more info from you, could you provide it? 

In case if you managed to solve it already, please provide your solution here.