Forum Discussion

dave_cochrane
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Object map refresh

Hi everybody,

I'm having a little trouble with testing a popup on a web-based system I'm testing. When recording the keyword test, the name and object maps were fine, but at playback, I'm getting an object does not exist message. If I manually refresh the object map, the popup I'm testing either reappears, or appears associated with a different parent object.

Is there a way I can refresh the object map at runtime? This may fix my issue. I've been trying sys.process("iexplore").refresh, with no luck.

Thanks!

• Hi Dave,

Please have a look at "RefreshMappingInfo" function.

Also add delay before & after the namemapping file gets refreshed using "RefreshMappingInfo" function.

Correct NamemappingFile + Delay + RefreshMappingInfo should solve your issue.

I hope this has been of some help.

6 Replies

vajindarladdad
    Frequent Contributor

Hi Dave,

Please have a look at "RefreshMappingInfo" function.

Also add delay before & after the namemapping file gets refreshed using "RefreshMappingInfo" function.

Correct NamemappingFile + Delay + RefreshMappingInfo should solve your issue.

I hope this has been of some help.

dave_cochrane
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for that, but unless I'm misunderstanding, that refreshes the name map, not the object map? I gave it a try, and the object map remains unchanged. I've used the 

Sys.Process("iexplore").Refresh()ā€‹ method, but it didn't seem to have any effect. Clicking Rfresh on the object map screen does the trick, but I can't reproduce this effect at run time

dave_cochrane
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for that Tanya. My object is in a completely different branch of the object tree - that is to say, it's parent object is different at playback. I was thinking of using extended find, but that only helps for child objects, right? What technique works best when the parent object is different, please?

Thanks again
      JennyH11
      Frequent Contributor

Hi Dave!

I'm pretty sure I had the same issue recently and enabling Extended Find in the Name Mapping on the parent object resolved the issue for me. I had a couple of objects affected by a change in the AUT and it worked for both. Though, I'm not 100% keen on using Extended Find it's the best solution for us at the moment.

I hope this helps. Thought it worth mentioning as it's not been already.

Jenny

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Dave,

As a rule, different objects have unique identification criteria. In this case, they will be mapped as different objects.

You can affect the mapping criteria (add/remove them). Please refer to the "Modifying Mapping Criteria" article to learn more about this.