Forum Discussion

okin
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Object Browser wont expand

The Sys object in the object browser will not expand. However, the Sys object will not expand. If I attempt to find a name mapped object it will be unable to, or if I try to find an object in the tree through the object spy tool it will cause the application to freeze. Though when I try the desktop sample project it seems to be able to recognize the created application and expand, it only recognizes that object. So overall it seems to not recognize pretty much any process that's running? Any ideas on what may be happening.

• Well, that version of TestComplete is what I have and the Object Spy is working fine for me.

If it was me, I would backup my project and then try uninstalling and reinstalling TC in case something got corrupted.  

12 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Yes, if the sample is ok then you need to make sure that you've done the proper setup for testing your app.  Are you doing desktop or browser testing?

okin
      Occasional Contributor

It is for browser testing. But it used to work fine and would be able to find any process running. The desktop sample was the only time where I could find it recognizing anything after it stopped finding anything else, and even then it only recognized the application that was made and not any other processes going on.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Okay, "used to work fine" is important.  Without telling us that, it sounds like you've never had it work right and that's a different problem.  It's better if you give all the information you have about a problem instead of the least amount.  We can get to your answer quicker that way.

Now, what changed right before this started happening?  Did you upgrade TestComplete?  Did your app get updated?  Is the test running on a different machine than before?  Did you upgrade the browser?