Forum Discussion

Jainsoumya
Contributor
3 years ago

Not able to scan dropdown values of addins we have created for Microsoft PowerPoint

When I click on QuickStart , I am not able to capture properties of the content mentioned in dropdown . Please refer attach screenshot

7 Replies

• Hi Jainsoumya 

Hope you are well.

You can use MSSA for extending recognition capabilities

I have checked and this works in powerpoint. 

To test, click on project properties > Open applications > MSSA.

If you just want to test if it works check the astrix just to expose all MSAA windows in all processes.

This will verify that it works for object recognition.

From there I would recommend adding a rule (list of accepted windows) to the current MSAA configurations followed by unchecking the astrix. 

This is due to the astrix exposing all processes running on your machine which could lead to performance issues. 

it should something like a wnd class item you need to add however if you are unsure of the class use something like “ *testedapp.exe* ” where testedapp is the same name of your applications main process (under test (check object browser if you’re unsure)

Hope that helps 

Vinnie 

Jainsoumya
      Contributor

Hi vinniew 

No , its not working.

The test step which was working earlier not that also not working.

Check the screenshot 

vinniew
        Staff

Hi Jainsoumya 

My response was based on your initial query which was in relation to further exposing properties. 

MSSA extends what we support out of the box. 

If you have just enabled it you will then need to re-record your flow as the mapping criteria will be different.

Kr

Vinnie