Forum Discussion

SK2
Contributor
2 years ago

Not able to record sign in action

I am trying to record the SSO Sign In button click action in Sales Force application, however the action is being not recorded. It just navigate to the application but nothing gets recorded after that. Even cannot view or add the object using Object Spy.

7 Replies

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

If you record the test on your machine and then run it on your colleague's machine, does it work? If not, then it is likely a setup issue on your colleague's machine. You will need to check the browser setup and I would also compare the project settings between the machines.

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

If you have used the Object Spy to identify a UI Control, you would have seen the red highlight, not highlighting the correct object properly - this would have indicated that the Windows Scale and Layout is not 100%.

See Testing With Various DPI Settings

Glad you figured it out ๐Ÿ‘

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

If itโ€™s a secure sign in authentication page, where resources are protected, then TC as well as other automation tools will not be able to identify the UI objects.

SK2
      Contributor

The above mentioned steps for Sign-In seems to be working fine on my machine, however having trouble recording on my colleague's machine. I am looking for possible resolution to handle such scenario. Appreciate the response.