Forum Discussion

subhram_sahoo
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago

Not able to execute in vm

I have wrote script for desktop application automation and its working fine in windows 10. But when deliver code it was trigger in vm which windows server 2019. It was not able to execute. It was failing to find object in vm. Need help on same

5 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

What's the actual error?

I've also written my scripts using Windows 10, and they get executed on Windows Server 2019 without issues

subhram_sahoo
      Occasional Contributor

As we are installing our Desktop application through our script. So some how script was not able to find object windows  of VM location. Mostly we are facing system object identification issues vm location(windows 2019)

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

What's the actual failure though?

Are you running TestComplete/TestExecute/SessionCreator on the VM, and the automation script is installing a desktop application?

subhram_sahoo
      Occasional Contributor

yes the automation script is installing a desktop application and running its through test execute. So it was not finding the object which we handle through script in vm location.

Ex- in my local i search from file explorer nd then c drive and inside c drive  some xyz  file. but getting error as object was not found in vm

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

What is the actual error shown in the test results?

Object not found is very vague and doesn't give any indications as to what you are trying to do.