Forum Discussion

RichBopp
Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

New To Branching - Documents on SmartBear Support Very Confusing

Hello All, So our team is new to GIT Branching, and the documentation provided by SmartBear is very, very, very - confusing. This is what I've deduced: 1 - Open TestComplete. 2 – Using ‘Source Co...
    2 years ago

Understand the difference between Git and GitHub and decided where you want to host your repository so that your team can easily access it.

Then read and understand Learn the Basics of Git in Under 10 Minutes.

Once you know what each git command does, you should then be able to use the git toolbar in TC.

I use source control called Team Foundation Server (TFS). I've created a project locally; this project is then checked-in to TFS (first initial version). My colleagues will then get the latest source files from TFS, so that they can work locally on their machines. To modify the project, they will have to perform a check-out from TFS; make changes and then check-in their changes to TFS. Colleagues are required to perform get-latest from TFS, so that their local project has all the latest files. If there's any files locally that are modified and is different from TFS, then they are given the option to merge their changes. This is similar to Git.