Forum Discussion

luciano_santos_
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

Network connection is lost when using the "Base Path" feature

Good afternoon, 

We are using third virtualized VMs in Hyper-V on a server with Windows Server 2008 All VMs are with the Test Run with the same version. 

On the same network, we have a PC, which sets forth the Master project. In host settings in NetworkSuite, added all VMs (stating the name, address, username, password) and check if everything is ok, the Complete Test returns the success message. 

The problem occurs when I click "Base path", this time, the system opens a window to select a directory. If you cancel and do not select any directory, when I click verify the connection, the system is checking to present the message: Verification failed - Host1 (lab02): Communication error. 

All other VMs continue having coenxão (verficar to the connection, the system returns successfully), but when performing the same procedure as above, they also lose the connection. 

The Test Complete version I'm using is the 10.30.1303 

What is the correct procedure to circumvent this problem? 

Thank you, 

Luciano

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Luciano,

Please try using the following workaround: try inputting the path on the slave machine to the Base Path field of the Host editor, and then try verifying the host again. Does this help?

To investigate the issue in detail, I would ask you to contact our TestComplete Support team. Please follow the steps below to help them understand what is going on:

1. Run the Report Generator tool located in <TestComplete>\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe.

2. Select the "Launch/attach to TestComplete" option.

3. Log in to the remote (slave) computers and open the needed user sessions manually.

4. Set the Login mode in the Hosts editor to "Manual" for the hosts.

5. Then, please collect additional information about the TestComplete services on all slave machines by following the steps below:

5.1. Stop the "TestComplete 10 Service" service (Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services).

5.2. Start the "TestComplete 10 Service" service.

5.3. Run the Report Generator tool on all slave machines:

<Program Files>\SmartBear\TestComplete 10\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe

or

<Program Files>\SmartBear\TestExecute 10\Bin\ReportGenerator.exe

5.4. Click "Attach to process" in it. Select "TestCompleteService10.exe". Click Next.

6. Reproduce the problem.

7. Click the "Generate memory dump" button in the Report Generator tool on the master machine three times with a 5-second delay between the clicks.

8. Click the "Generate..." button in the Report Generator tool on all slave machines and save the report to a local folder.

9. Send the generated reports to the Support.

Thanks.

luciano_santos_
    Occasional Contributor

Good Morning, 

I had no time to perform the steps above, but I realized that if I rename the computer and use the wizard to create distributed testing it works normally. 

But if I go to the properties of the host and if anything wrong in the source path or the base path, the host loses connection and I can only solve the problem by changing the name of the virtual host (as if I was changing the computer name , only the virtual machine). 

I tried to manipulate the files within folders NetworkSuite of the Test Complete project, but did not succeed. 

I'm returning the contact to inform you that I'm using this solution return. 

Thank you, 

Luciano