Forum Discussion

mspatel
Contributor
9 years ago

Network Suite : Unable to Create User Session On Remote Computer

P.S : I have gone through all the Posts on this Forum related to Similar issue and Tried remedies. None of them worked for me 

HI , Can you please help me understand why I cant establish connection between Master and Slave Machine ? I am using Network Suite to execute test cases on remote machine.

Few Notables:
1. Master Machine is Physical Machine running Windows 7
2. Slave Machine is VM running Win Server 2012
3. I have access to both machine with my credentials
4. Master and Slave both has Test Complete 11 installed on it
5. Slave machine has no Firewall set up.
6. No Antivirus on Slave machine
7. Remote Settings on Slave machine
8. Restrict Remote Desktop Services users to a single Remote Desktop Services session = Enabled
9. Always prompt client for password upon connection = Disabled
10. Prompt for credentials on the client computer = Disabled

My Observations:
1. When I Setup a Host in Network Suite and Click on Base Path button, it does Load drives and folder from Slave Machine. I also observed, that I need to have Test Complete running on Slave machine in order to see Drives and folder in base path.
11. When Login mode = Automatic RDP Session and do “Verify Connection”, It immediately kicked out my Other RDP session ( I believe it is because we have single Remote Desktop Services session = Enabled ) . This means connection is at least hitting the machine. After some time following error message is displayed.

12. When I choose Login Mode = “Manual Connection” , It displays “User is not Logged in Message”

8 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Mspatel,

Thanks for the detailed description of the issue. I suppose that it can be related to your specific environment. I recommend that you refer this question to our TestComplete Support Team ( http://support.smartbear.com/product-list/ ) – they will assist you to set up connection between a master and slaves.

dcketon
      New Contributor

We have the same setup, and we are experiencing the exact same issue.  However, instead of kicking off a single RDP session, the server disconnects ALL RDP sessions when trying to verify a host connection.  Can you post what the resolution was?

Thanks,

Danny Keton

mspatel
        Contributor

I havent talk to DEVSupport yet. I took different path and set up a physical Machine for Scheduled Run...I guess VM dont work very well with TC