Need input from experienced web testers
I am very new to web testing and have few questions would like to ask so I could have some good ideas and directions from experienced people before starting the test.
1. Is DOM a best options to choose since I am testing only with I.E11.
2. Should I also select FLAT in General Options
3. Other suggestions you may have
Solved! Go to Solution.
1) No. The best way is to use "Tree" as the model under Tools -> Default/Current Project Properties -> Project -> Open Applications -> Web Testing. This is recommended because it allows for a better recognition of objects and their hierarchal relationship.
2) No. Again, hierarchal relationships are useful in many different situations.
3) Please post specific questions as they come up. We'll be more than happy to answer. However, if you're questioning object identification, please research and view ALL information about NameMapping and eschew using XPath unless absolutely necessary.
[Hall of Fame]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
Why automate? I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy. Sleep is a requirement. So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.
Mysterious Gremlin Master
Vegas Thrill Rider
I would advise turning off the use of extended find as well. IMO (MY OPINION) it obfuscates the object model and makes name mapping harder rather than easier, not to mention being slower.