NameMapping issue with Java application started from Internet explorer.
My organization will decommision Internet Explorer at the end of this year.
Our TestComplete scripts are configured to test a Java application started from Internet explorer (= current situation).
So the new situation, the Java application will be started using JavaWebStart.
Currently we start/run our test object (which is a Java client GUI) from Internet Explorer and all the NameMapping objects are recorded under /Sys/Browser/BufferFrame/..
When we use Java Web Start to start/run the Java client GUI, then all the NameMapping objects are recorded under /Sys/jp2Launcher/Frame/..
So when we open the Java client GUI with Java Web Start, all our tests previously recorded are now useless.
SmartBear support don't knows how to solve this and recommends to record all our tests again.
Does someone in this community has an idea how we can solve this?
Depending on how your name mappings are declared, you will have to create a new parent node name mapping which replaces Internet Explorer. You might then be able to copy the existing child node name mappings, to the new parent node. Test each of the name mappings to ensure they correctly identify the UI controls.
Apart from that, I can't think of any easier options.
Thank you for your input, but that is not a solution for us. This will be the same amount of work or maybe more than record all our testscripts again.
If the Java version is the same, and using Java Web Start the ID's of your UI controls are the same. Then you should be able to organise your name mapping tree structure like so - creating a new parent node Sys\parent_new and copying the child of Sys\parent_old\page to Sys\parent_new
If this possible solution does not work for you, then you have no option but to recreated all the name mappings again.
Yes, I've tried and did not get it to work properly. And in the old situation we have made a lot of changes to the names of the object, we've renamed the most NameMapping objects to meaning fulnames.