Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Name mapping lost on keyword testing website

We recorded several tests, which all ran successfully.  Then we updated the site's data and ran our tests again, and it seems like the name mapping was lost on a couple of mapped objects.  In particular we lost the mapped object for the alias pageKpOhio7.  I have attached a snapshot of the mapped objects editor.  Can anyone help me figure out how to remap that aliased item?

Thanks

1 Reply

• Hi Drew,

I am guessing that the cause of the problem is that this object is mapped by unstable properties. By default, a page object is mapped by two properties: ObjectType and URL. The first property contains the 'Page' value, and the second one contains the URL of the page. As the value of the ObjectType property cannot change, the problematic property in your case is 'URL'. I think that this property contains a variable part (something like session ID), which is different every time the page is opened.

If so, you need to replace the variable part of the URL property's value with a wildcard character ('*'). Please see the 'Modifying Mapping Criteria' help topic to learn how to modify objects from the Name Mapping trees.

Possibly, using the wildcard character will make the mapping name reference several different pages in your application. In this case, I can suggest that you add more properties to the mapping criteria of the mapping name. The best property in case of a web page is 'LocationName', which contains the title of the page.

Please let me know whether this information helps.