Forum Discussion

VFixed
Contributor
9 years ago

Multiple browser question

Another newbie question. When I run TC the test visualizer captures screenshots of all of my monitors rather than just the one that is running TC. Can this be modified to only show the 1 monitor that has TC?

5 Replies

• Hi

TestComplete should only capture the images you are recording. If you are recording steps on a web application and that web application opens on the main monitor, it will just record those steps.

Please do the following. 

1. Open TestComplete in the main monitor

2. Open the application you are testing in the main monitor 

3. Record a new keyword test

4. provide the test visualizer screenshot output to this thread

Do steps 2-4 above but keep TestComplete open in main monitor.

Also please review http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/70760 in relation to running tested applications in TestComplete. I would also recommend running TestComplete as "Administrator". right-click on TestComplete icon and "Run As Administrator"

Regards

Damien

VFixed
      Contributor

I opened TC as administrator and ran a script. Here is the result. 3 monitors. If I move FF to the same window as TC the same result occurs. 

untitled.jpg

HKosova
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Screenshots in error messages are logged by the Post image on error option in project properties > Playback. They are always the entire desktop, all monitors included.

If you want a limited-area screenshot on errors, disable this option and instead handle the OnLogError event (see Creating Event Handlers for TestComplete Events). For example:

// JScript
        function GeneralEvents_OnLogError(Sender, LogParams)
        {
          // TODO - take a screenshot of the needed area
        var img = Sys.Desktop.ActiveWindow().Picture(); Log.Picture(img, "Screenshot at the time of the error"); }

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Go to Tools > Current Project Properties > Visualizer and check the Capture style option. If it's set to Desktop, change it to Top-level parent.