Forum Discussion

Adagio
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Handling Multiple Tabs in the Chrome browser

Hello,

I have to run my Automated Tests in the Chrome browser. When I run these tests, on certain activities, a new Tab opens up and the tests do some more validations, switching to 1st tab, do some more checks, and then switch back to the second tab and then close all the tabs one after another. Now, I'm not really able to switch between the tabs. Even, Testcomplete recording doesn't seem like it's recognizing the Tabs in any different way like it does for IE(separate browser windows are identified by browserWindow2, browserWindow3..etc).

I've read some posts that talk about using Ctrl + Shift + Tab , but I'm looking for a better solution. 

Has anyone ever faced this situation? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Abhi

• Well we might, but that's the first one that I found when I searched.  :)

Could you just store each tab URL in a variable and use those variables for the actual browsing?

4 Replies

Adagio
      Frequent Contributor

Thank you, Marsha

This solution talks about passing in the URL of the tab, but in the situation that I have, the URLs are dynamic, and if 3 tabs are open, they have the same URLs except for a little change. I still have to hardcode some information to handle that. Do we not have any other solution?

Thank you

Abhi

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Well we might, but that's the first one that I found when I searched.  :)

Could you just store each tab URL in a variable and use those variables for the actual browsing?