Forum Discussion

strenter
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Moving Project Suite Causes Logs to break

when testcomplete is in the standard folder location (../documents/TestComplete 14 Projects/"test suite name") everything works fine and logs open up normally. 

when I move the suite to a git repository, I get an error when opening logs.  "Unable to load the "location of the log file" log file. Please make sure all the needed plug-ins are installed." everything else seems to work fine, the nothing seems to have changed about the logs. when I move them back to the "preferred" location  they work. 

what could be causing this issue?

strenter
    4 years ago

Still not sure what caused this, but I found a fix. My team uses Team Foundation Server. I created a new repo and then created a new  testcomplete project suit with projects in them initialized a repo and pushed them up to the the TFS server. It seems to be working now, I'm going to leave this open for a little bit to see if someone knows what caused this.

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Personally I never had test projects located in the 'preferred' location and move them from time to time between folders and machines and never had problems because of this.

Thus, my current guess is that either some required files are missed when project is moved to git (most probable) or that TestComplete lacks some permissions (read/write?) for the folder the project was restored to (less probable).

P.S. I believe that you have read this help topic: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/scc/files.html

strenter
      New Contributor

Still not sure what caused this, but I found a fix. My team uses Team Foundation Server. I created a new repo and then created a new  testcomplete project suit with projects in them initialized a repo and pushed them up to the the TFS server. It seems to be working now, I'm going to leave this open for a little bit to see if someone knows what caused this.