Forum Discussion

mschofer
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

Migration Issue -Stubborn File

I have a project that works perfectly fine.

I have a script called ProjFunctions.py =====Edited I added an unintentional dot.  

It does a lot of common things like verify breadcrumbs, titles, menus ect.

And this file refuses to load when I load the project. I can add it from the directory system.

However thats not what I want the testers to do. 

4 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

As per message, the file is absent in the file system when TC tries to open the project.

The reasons might be different: different file name (message mentions ProjFunctions.py while you are talking about ProjFunctions..py -- note extra dot before extension), or file might be absent in the source control, or be located in some other folder...

This is something that you need to investigate on your file system with your source control.

mschofer
    Occasional Contributor

Alex   

Sorry that was a mis -ype.....The file name does not have two dots.

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Mark,

Anyway, I would try the following:

-- Move the current content of your work folder into backup one;

-- Get latest version into empty work folder;

-- Check if problematic file exists in the work folder;

-- Open .mds project file in any text editor and try to find this file in the project. Check for any possible differences in file name and/or path between what is registered in the project file and exists actually in the file system.

mschofer
      Occasional Contributor

I have tried this. The problem still exists when loaded.  However the script file loads into Test Complete. (I altered the file to confirm it is the correct file) This script touches every other script (260 test cases 45 files) and they all run perfectly. It is just the error when loading the file from our Version Control software.

I just moved to a completely new directory and got the same result.