Forum Discussion

BCBSKSBrad
Regular Visitor
7 years ago

Mark a keyword test as passed as long as the checkpoint passes regardless of the other test steps.

How do I ignore errors that happen during the playback of recorded tests and mark the test as passed as long as the checkpoint(s) pass. Below Is an Attached image of my test log. Despite the fact there was an error the test is designed that it can continue and I was the test to mark as passed as long as the checkpoint runs and passes.

2 Replies

cunderw
    Community Hero

Instead of trying to ignore failed steps and errors, you should investigate why the error happened and update your test asset if your application is behaving as expected. 

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

I agree with cunderw... errors are logged for a reason.  The one you noted is indicating that some point during your test an attempt was made to interact with an object that does not exist.  For me, as a tester, that puts into doubt even the passed checkpoint.  What if that interaction had succeeded?  Would it have altered the test enough to actually make the checkpoint fail?  your best bet is to get your test to run error free.