Forum Discussion

anupamchampati
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Map object takes around 2min

after doing object spy to new object and when i right.click to mapped name and do map object it is taking around 2min.
same project was much faster before. is there any setting or solution to check?
  • this problem is solved by unchecking the Bind new items to SCC automatiocally in Source Control options.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I think this and your other problem are related.  I recall somewhere up here someone had turned on the GIT plug in TestComplete and something about the way that operates causes GIT repository activity for things like updating NameMapping and such.  Try turning off the GIT source control in TestComplete and see if that fixes it.

anupamchampati
      Frequent Contributor

tristaanogre Thanks , it does help. But I need to work under source control as I have a team of 3 and we all are working on same project. name mapping is giving us too much pain now a days,

Does GIT continuously send or fetch some data from Testcomplete? specially related to Name Mapping.

Before are my observations

1. after I disabled Source Control from Testcomplete, Object mapping seems to be pretty fast less than 20 sec, but once I connect to GIT source control from testcomplete, it takes around 2min

2. Merge name mapping file : with GIT , it actually hangs Testcomplete and could not finish it for 4hours, I have to forcelly kill it. Once i disabled GIT, it is within 1min

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Do you have the GIT commandline text client installed on your workstation?  You're not the first person to give an indication that having GIT source control enabled causes this kind of performance issue.  I think that there may be some setting in GIT that needs to be properly configured.  I'm not familiar enough with GIT, but basically, what's happening, is that there are files that are being changed that Git is trying to add/checkout/etc.  

SOmeone else might have a better answer for you as to the full correction, but unfortunately I don't know a lot about GIT configurations and such.

anupamchampati
    Frequent Contributor

this problem is solved by unchecking the Bind new items to SCC automatiocally in Source Control options.