Forum Discussion

Veroniquelu
Contributor
9 years ago

Lauching IE not successfully

This might be an old topic, I am using below script to launch IE, but I found sometimes, it can not be done successfully, because the browser is already running while clearly the browser is not launched... Is there any way that I can improve this? I tried other methods before I came up with below script, this is the best solution so far, if I go with other solutions, I am more likely to fail lauching the browser. Even with this one, it fails sometimes with much lower frequency

while (Sys.WaitBrowser().Exists)
Sys.WaitBrowser().Close();
Browsers.Item(btIExplorer).Run();
webPageObj = Sys.Browser("iexplore*").Page("*");
Sys.Browser().BrowserWindow(0).Maximize();
Browsers.CurrentBrowser.Navigate(ProjectSuite.Variables.url)
webPageObj.Wait(10);

4 Replies

• Check for iexplore.exe as a process and kill any/all instances of that before you start.

More guaranteed to clear it up killing the process than the application ....

Veroniquelu
      Contributor

Ok, Thanks for the suggestion, it's working well so far :P

Rocky001
        New Contributor
        Code for closing borwsers through TaskManager: Public Function CloseAllBrowser() On Error Resume Next Log.Message ("CloseAllBrowser Function Started") IExplore = Sys.FindAllChildren("ProcessName","iexplore",2) ' IExplore = Sys.FindAllChildren("ProcessName","iexplore") If UBound(IExplore)>=0 Then For i = UBound(IExplore) to LBound(IExplore) Step -1 IExplore(i).Terminate Next End If '******** ErrorHandling ********* If Err.Number <> 0 Then Call ErrMyErrorHandler End If '*************** Log.Message ("CloseAllBrowser Function Completed") End Function