Forum Discussion

TestingHobo
Contributor
8 years ago

Known issues/bugs

Hi,

We are thinking of upgrading to TestComplete v12.1 is there a list of known issues/bugs? I've searched the site and can't find anything for the latest version of TestComplete

4 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

...and another note:

TestComplete supports a big number of platforms, environments, tools and technologies and it may well happen that problems in some area appear absolutely irrelevant for you. For example, the problem of .apk instrumentation for Android means nothing for anybody who do not automate mobile for Android.

P.S.

Alternative and conservative approach: ;)

-- Read 'What's new' section in the online documentation and decide if there is something that you really need;

-- Consider your current setup and decide if there is something that you are really missing;

-- Make a weighted and educated decision. :)

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Version 12.10 is pretty fresh... less than a month old, I think.  So, if there are known bugs/issues with that particular version, they haven't made it to a listing yet.

So far, I've not run into anything major or show-stopping. There are some questions floating up here on the forums concerning performance, etc., but the reasons are varied and not always the fault of TC itself.

My suggestion: Upgrade... you'll be on the latest version which means you'll be able to leverage the latest documentation and those of us here who like to help you will find it easier to reproduce any problems you may run across. :)

• Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for the reply, so in short there is no public list of known issues we can view?

As i can see 12.20 was released a few weeks ago and this has various bug fixes listed in it

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

If there is, I haven't found it, nor have I needed it.  Doesn't mean there aren't any bugs nor that there isn't a list, just that usually, the bugs are relatively easily worked around and the SmartBear folks do a pretty good job of fixing bugs quickly when they arise and providing patches