Forum Discussion

alpha13m
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Keyword handling exeption

Hello,

I have created a script macro in delphi and several keyword witch work with an exe, i would like to manage error when trying to add data already existing in app.

ex : windows add tiers "toto" > Error already existing

I ve tried Try catch but not catching anything, script crash and stop no action further.

Normaly i would get result := false with an mail send procedure et run another tasks.

Do you have any idea?

alpha13m
    5 years ago

Thanks for youre answers, i finally manage this case with try catch and if object exist in the keywordTests

If we don't find this windows the action continue and finish action creation, else if windows show up catch error return false and send mail.

3 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

In addition to what was suggested by Robert:

Try/Catch keyword operations, likewise the same operators of programming/scripting languages, handle execution runtime exceptions like division by zero, stack overflow, etc. Extra window displayed on the screen is not an exception and thus it is not handled by try/catch.

Extra windows in TestComplete can be handled using one of two ways:

a) Do explicit check if an extra window is displayed on the screen using .WaitWindow()/.WaitAliasChild() methods. If the window is found, handle it appropriately;

b) If an extra window is modal one (i.e. it prevents access to all other UI elements of the tested application until the window is closed -- this is your case, according to test log), then you may create a handler of the OnUnexpectedWindow event and handle displayed window within this handler.

alpha13m
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for youre answers, i finally manage this case with try catch and if object exist in the keywordTests

If we don't find this windows the action continue and finish action creation, else if windows show up catch error return false and send mail.