Forum Discussion

paulvinders
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Jumping to routines in other units defect in TC14?

Hi,

w're calling routines like the following part:

TU_one.sj:

--------------

function T_one() {
  this.T_readSomething = T_readSomething;

}

function T_readSomething() {

}

TU_two.sj:

--------------

//USEUNIT TU_one

function T_test() {

one = new T_one();

one.T_readSomething();

}

In TestComplete 11, by clicking CTRL + left mousebutton in TU_two.sj on T_readSomething(), we could jump to the routine in TU_one.sj

In TestComplete 14.0, this does not work anymore...

Option 'CTRL + click' in the option-dialogue is activiated.

sincerely

Paul Vinders

SOPTIM AG

Germany

• As far as I can see, you’ve made progress in investigating this issue in the support case. The bug was registered by our devs and the workaround for now is using JavaScript in your projects 

6 Replies

Wamboo
    Community Hero

Hi,

I repeated the same situation in my TestComplete 14.30 and have the same situation as yours.

But... honestly, I thought it never worked in my TestComplete IDE.

paulvinders
      Contributor

Hi Evgeny,

another user hast he same effect in 14.30 (see replies). Furthermore, we cannot use 14.30 beacause of issue #00418564…

sincerely

P. Vinders

SOPTIM AG

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi paulvinders , if this used to work for you before in the scenario you describe, and now it doesn’t, this might really be a defect.

I see that you are working on this issue with Evgeny in support case 00421129, and this is the best way to proceed because Evgeny will be able to test your scenario now that he has your sample project in our test lab.

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

As far as I can see, you’ve made progress in investigating this issue in the support case. The bug was registered by our devs and the workaround for now is using JavaScript in your projects