Forum Discussion

sriguda
Frequent Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Issue with Veiwing Log Results

Hi,

I have 2 issues with viewing the test results log.

I run the scripts on a server machine using test execute on IE11. After completion of execution, use to display test results with the path  C:\Users\sguda\AppData\Local\Temp\tcResults1.mht. But recently it started appending mhtml:f:\\ to the previous path and displays the message, This page can't be displayed. So now I am not able to view test results after the execution.

Also I have a logic to send log results attachment to outlook when any error happens in the script. when I click the attachment sent in outlook with test results , it use to display results. Now it sends attachment as Outlook file type instead of mht file type and doesn't display anything when I click on attatchment.

Please see the screen shots of attachment sent to outlook previously and currently.

Please suggest any resolution.

• I updated to latest version of TestComplete and Execute, 12.20.935.7 which had fix for this issue. It is resolved now.

Thanks a lot.

18 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Screenshot is missing.

What version of TestExecute are you running?  Also, on your server machine, are there any add-ons or anything that might be redirecting browsing?

I just did a quick check on my Windows 2012 R2 server box with TestExecute 12.1 and I'm getting the test results showing up just fine after the test run.

Considering the second part of your problem that you are exporting the file at the end as an attachment, I wonder if that might be what's causing the problems.  If the export is sending the MHT output to the same folder, you could be getting some bad overlap.  Please post the code that is doing the export for evaluation.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

Notice the difference in file size between previously and now.  Previously, you were generating enough logging for almost 755 KB.  So, assuming that the tests are all still running, the problem is not in the e-mail attachment or in the file itself but in your code that is doing the export.  You're only exporting 1 KB of log right now which is not even enough of a log file.

As requested, please post the code where the file is being exported as I think that is where the problem is happening.

sriguda
      Frequent Contributor

Hi

Sorry I missed attaching the files. I have attached now to the same msg. Please look at them.

I am running the scripts on Windows 2012 R2 server too with TestComplete12. Basically I am running 2 scripts each every one hour.

Previously when I executed scripts with TestComplete 10, it use to display Test run results after the execution on UI and send email with attachment which successfully opened and displayed the results.

Now I see again only one script displays test results and email attachments are not displaying at all for both the scripts.

The code I used

Sub PackResults
        WorkDir = Project.ConfigPath + "Log\ExportedResults\"
        FileName = WorkDir + "MyFile.mht"
        Log.SaveResultsAs FileName, 2
        project.variables.TestResultsFile1 = FileName
        'FileList = slPacker.GetFileListFromFolder(WorkDir)
        'ArchivePath = WorkDir + "CompressedResults"
        'If slPacker.Pack(FileList, WorkDir, ArchivePath) Then
          'Log.Message "Files compressed successfully."
        'End If
      End Sub

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

It sounds like there is something fundamentally wrong with your project in that it is not running the proper tests.  At this point, the problem is not with the log, the display of the log, or the export of the log but with the test script execution.

Manually run your test scripts on the machine in question and monitor the progress.  See if they are actually executing.