Forum Discussion

vicsilva
New Contributor
7 years ago

Is there a way to reflect Dataloop using EXCEL in reports?

Hi everyone,

Is there a way to reflect excel rows (Dataloops) into report? For example, have 1 Test Case that goes through different input permutation like 100 rows from EXCEL and show 100 run test cases instead of 1 ran test case?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

What I do is use a combination of Log.AppendFolder and Log.PopFolder.  Put the first at the beginning of your loop and the second at the end of the loop.  What you'll get in your test log, then, is 100 sub-items in the log tree to represent your 100 test cases.

vicsilva
      New Contributor

Yes,I actually did that, but I also want to reflect on graphs (pass and fail) and number of test cases in report like when you run a normal set of test cases in test complete.   

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

No, there is not, not natively in TestComplete.  Those graphs and charts are built off of the test items that are done under "Organize Tests".  So, if you only have 1 test item, you only see one item in those charts.  To get those kinds of stats and charts in a more custom framework environment, you'll need to write custom code to output the statistics.  Perhaps write pass/fail etc. stats to an SQL database, run a query, and then have a mini-front end web page that converts the query results to a chart.