Forum Discussion

CGilbert
Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Is there a default number of tests shown in the project list?

So I have created over 30 something tests in my project and we used to use the Network testing but due to it being discontinued we have been forced to move to a Jenkins server and store our tests on Github, I have just re-imaged out test system and reinstalled Test Complete on my test system and pulled all my tests from my Github repo and only about 18 of them are showing in the Project list but in my C:/TestComplete/Project they are all present. I spent the last few weeks re-adding them through "add existing item" and retesting them to verify they work I updated them as needed and pushed them to my repo, I then pulled them into our second testers system and noticed that only 18 of them show like before, so just to test it I made another pull on my master system and now all the other tests are missing in the project list again. I have read through the documentation and I have not seen this covered anywhere. 

Thank you. 

• You're welcome!

Be sure and take a look at the whole file list for the source control.  Some of the files that it says not to commit are local settings that you may want to keep for yourself, like your UI settings.  

5 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Here's a reference about what files should and should not be in source control

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/scc/files.html

TestComplete doesn't read your C:/TestComplete/Project directory for the file list.  It goes by what you have added to the project.  I am guessing that your source control has a file, maybe .tcLS, that was saved when there were 18 files and now every time you pull from the master, you reset the count to 18.

CGilbert
      Contributor

Ok so I will need to re-add them to my project save it and push the new tcLS to my repo so that this does not happen again?

Thank you. 

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

Actually I believe that's one of the files that you should not put in source control.  Everyone keeps their own copy locally.