Forum Discussion

Jadwiga
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Is it is possible to stop TestComplete recording specific actions like drag and click?

My query relates to coordinates that gets recorded when creating key word tests.

I’ve highlighted these fields in the orange blocks below in the screenshot attached.

This is making it difficult to keep up with things forever changing due to this being an agile project, I'm working on.

Can you please advise how I would be able to create tests, without them clicking on specific coordinates on a screen?

I'm wondering how I can create the tests in such a way that even if the same objects (Ex: Radio button moves from left of page to right of page) that the tests still work?

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

Jadwiga

4 Replies

baxatob
    Community Hero

Hi,

If you change the Click action settings to (-1, -1), the click will be simulated in the center of the element.

If you want that your element was available independently from its place on the screen, you should properly map it in the NameMapping repository. Another way - you can use Find() method to find your element by its unique property.

Jadwiga
      Occasional Contributor

Hello baxatob,

Thanks very much for your reply.

I'm still a beginner on TC and well after you're message, I've tried looking but not sure where to change the Click action settings to (-1, -1) ?

And I also need to figure how to properly map elements it in the Name Mapping repository andto use the Find() method to find  elements by its unique property.

It’s all still a bit new to me and I’m trying to figure things out as I go.

baxatob
        Community Hero

To edit your action double click on it and follow the wizard until you will see the dialog, where prompted to enter the click coordinates.

Regarding NameMapping it will be better if you follow the links, that I provided, and carefully check TestComplete's documentation, because you asked general questions.