Forum Discussion

jimbot1981
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

IE Popup Window handling

Hi,

I am recording keyword tests on our test webiste (.net) one of the test runs a report which involves opening up a new IE window with the report results. During the recording i click on the X to close this popup IE window down. However the window stays open and it kills off my main website screen instead. From what i can see the popup window seems to deactivate as soon as it opens so believe this is the underlying issue.

Any help is greatfully appreciated!

5 Replies

jimbot1981
    Occasional Contributor
    In addition i have noticed that Test Complete is naming both screens:- i.e. The main website and the popup screen as:-

wndIEFrame1

So therefore when i am recording clicking the popup internet explorer window and closing that, on replaying it test complete closes down the same Main Website thinking that is what i want to do.

I'm sure this must have come up before?

Regards

James
  • Hi James,

What version of IE are you using? Could you please zip your entire project suite folder along with the log of the failed test execution and send us the archive via our Contact Support form?

Is the page you are testing public? If it isn't, save your page to the MHT format and send it as well.

• Hi James,

Can you send the requested information (from the previous message) to our Support Team?