Forum Discussion

vie_huynh
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

I think I encounter a TC bug...

So I make a bunch of small test files, with parameters. Then I connect all of them in a big test with data driven excel. The test run perfectly fine. After a while, I come back to run the test and encounter errors such as can't find a particular object, or a particular action fail because can't see the object that it was clicked on previously.

There was a test that suppose to click on the text box and take input from the excel to replace the default value. It worked great in the beginning, but 1 week after, it fail to find the text box. I tried to delete all the steps but not the test file, re-record the steps and try again, same values and objects' names and everything, still fail. Then I delete that whole particular test file and make a new one, record the same steps again, and it works. I am really frustrated right now as I have to keep coming back to check and make new test files for fail ones. Anyone else encounters the same problem and know a fix for this?

1 Reply

aqAnt
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello Vie,

I guess that you faced the expected behavior. Your tests begin to fail, because something has been changed in your application during the development cycle. So you do not need to rewrite your tests. You just need to determine what exactly is wrong and correct it.

Please go through the Handling Playback Errors article. It contains the information you need.