Forum Discussion

stupidmouse
New Contributor
14 years ago

How to run tests of products using WinGrid control?

I am using TestComplete Version 7.2. However, I have some trouble when I use it. The trouble is after I had recorded products using Wingrid control and input data into 2 rows in Grid, I run the test again and then the data of the second row overlapped the first one’s.

9 Replies

• Hi Lan Anh,

Please reproduce the problem, pack the entire project suite folder, and send us the archive. We will look into this case.

BTW, the latest version of TestComplete 7 is 7.52, and the latest major version of the tool is TestComplete 8.0. Before sending us the project, please update your version of the tool to the latest version and let us know whether this helps.
  • Thanks!

I updated TC to version 8.0 and run test again. It captured two images: One is the expected image & the second one is the actual image as the two attached images. However, the result is still the same as old the version.

• Hi Lan Anh,

It seems that you test always clicks the first row. If this is the case, you need to modify your test to make it click the correct row.

If this does not help, please send us your project along with the execution results as I asked in my previous post.
  • Hi Lan Anh,

Thank you for the files, we will look into this and let you know our results as soon as we have some.

• Hi Lan Anh,

We managed to reproduce the problem on our side. I'll keep you informed on our further progress.

•     Hi David!

I am on behalf of Lan Anh

I have installed the tcThirdPartyControlsPatch. But it does not solve my problem. After I installed the patch, TC only recorded first step, it can not record the next steps.

When I playback the test (before_patch) that I recorded before install tcThirdPartyControlsPatch, TC can not run.

I send you my project tested with TestComplete including Keyword-test and the log of result.

I am looking forward to hearing your reply soon