Forum Discussion

sguda
Regular Contributor
14 years ago

How to recognize the panel through scrip

Hi,

I am recording a panel and i want to insert property check points and image check point to capture the inner text of the panel.

But each time the appliaction runs it is recognizing with different version. like this.

Ist time :

Aliases.iexplore.pageFameEsolutions1.formAspnetform.panelCtl00RadsplitterMain.tableRadSplitterCtl00Radsplitter.cellCtl00RadpaneMiddle.panelRadSplitterPaneContentCtl00.panelCtl00Ctl00Radapanlpanel.panelCtl00Radapanl.panelClwycontent.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Ctl.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Rad.panelClwywidgetdockzoneholder.panelClwywidgetdockzonesubholder.tableClwywidgetdockzonetable.cellClwywidgetdockzoneblock.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Rad.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Rad.tableRdtable.cellRdcenter.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Rad

2nd time :

Aliases.iexplore.pageFameEsolutions1.formAspnetform.panelCtl00RadsplitterMain.tableRadSplitterCtl00Radsplitter.cellCtl00RadpaneMiddle.panelRadSplitterPaneContentCtl00.panelCtl00Ctl00Radapanlpanel.panelCtl00Radapanl.panelClwycontent.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Ctl.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Rad.panelClwywidgetdockzoneholder.panelClwywidgetdockzonesubholder.tableClwywidgetdockzonetable.cellClwywidgetdockzoneblock.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Rad.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Rad1.tableRdtable.cellRdcenter.panelCtl00Contentplaceholder1Rad

The only difference i see is it is recognizing differently for the part i bolded and underlined.

Can anybody help me how to solve this and make it recognize the text i want .

1 Reply

• Hi Sri,

The behavior you observe means that the properties used to map the problematic object are not reliable and their values change in some cases. I recommend that you do one of the following:

- Use other, more reliable properties to identify the object.

or

- Mask the variable part of the problematic property with the "*" wildcard.

or

- Use the Extended Find feature to make TestComplete ignore the problematic object (see the "Using Extended Search Criteria for Mapped Object Identification" help topic ( http://www.automatedqa.com/support/viewarticle/12466/ ) for more information).

or

- Try using conditional mapping criteria (it looks like there can only be two possible values of the problematic property). Please see the "Using Conditional Mapping Criteria" help topic ( http://www.automatedqa.com/support/viewarticle/12442/ ) for more information.