Forum Discussion

MiaChia
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

How to read .mht file attachment created by TC? Microsoft Edge displays blank

I have setup Issue Tracking in TC so I can create a bug item in AzureDevOps.  Bug Item is created with an attachment in .mht format that should show the failed test. I have Edge and .mht file opens but is blank.  What is the best way to read .mht file created by TC?

• Hi Mia,

I hope you are keeping well.

In order for Edge to open MHT files you may need to configure the following;

• Open Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.
    • Click the Settings and More (ellipsis) button on the top-right corner.
    • Select the Settings option.
    • Click on Default browser.
    • Under the “Internet Explorer compatibility” section, turn on the “Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode” toggle switch.
    • Click the Restart button.

Please let me know if this resolves your query or if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Shane

6 Replies

• Hi Mia,

I hope you are keeping well.

In order for Edge to open MHT files you may need to configure the following;

• Open Microsoft Edge on Windows 10.
    • Click the Settings and More (ellipsis) button on the top-right corner.
    • Select the Settings option.
    • Click on Default browser.
    • Under the “Internet Explorer compatibility” section, turn on the “Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode” toggle switch.
    • Click the Restart button.

Please let me know if this resolves your query or if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Shane

MiaChia
      New Contributor

Thank you so much for the quick response!  It worked, and the.mht file looks awesome.  Love TC!!!!!

DVOLZHANIN
      New Contributor

Hi, it doesn`t work in 2023, we`re facing the same problem and we have set up the edge browser settings as your guidance says but it is not work, some advices in 2023? 

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

You need to check your policy settings for Edge, to ensure it's not overriding your current settings.

DVOLZHANIN
      New Contributor

could you please describe what do you mean regarding policy in edge?