Forum Discussion

c_lau
New Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

How to integrate TestComplete to Azure DevOps?

Hi Community   Currently I am trying to integrate TestComplete to an azure devops pipeline. To run the tests i have set up a virtual machine (not azure) where my TestComplete project-files are lo...
    c_lau
    6 years ago

Hi

Meanwhile i found a suitable solution for my problem. Maybe this helps anyone getting started with azure and TC. Here is what i did:

• In azure devops pipeline i used the visual studio test task where I reference the ".tc12Test" file. Important was to add the specific path to vstest.console.exe on the remote machine.
    • On my testmachine first I had to install the vsts-agent (not as service) to perform build jobs. The next step was to install the MS Visual Studio Test Agent (standalone). To make it understand testcomplete tests, it is necessary to install the TestComplete integration package (Test Agent version VS2017)
    • In Visual Studio I configured the tc12Test for VS test agent. This is well documented here: https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/ms-vs/alm/add-tc-tests.html

These are the basic steps i did. In my case I also had to tweak some windows settings to make the agent more stable.

Regards, Christian