Forum Discussion

tc_2018
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

How to import Postman into TestComplete

Hi,

I need to use Postman withTestComplete, but I don't know where to start.

Online posts saying that I need to import it via ReadyAPI. The built-in ReadyAPI I can see in my TestComplete is going to Tools --> Options -->Mobile-->ReadyAPI and it does not have any more options for install postman plugin.

Thanks for your help!

• Exactly.  ReadyAPI is the SmartBear tool used for API testing.  So, if you want to do API testing, you should be using that tool.  

TestComplete allows you to execute ReadyAPI tests within a TestComplete project... but TestComplete, itself, does not edit or update ReadyAPI tests.  There are some features in TestComplete that do some API testing work (webservices) but it is not as robust as the ReadyAPI tool is.

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

TestComplete can execute tests generated by ReadyAPI/SOUPUI however, it does not, itself, have editors and such for those tools.  So, your steps would be

1) Open ReadyAPI

2) Import Postman for your tests

3) Implement your tests

4) Go to TestComplete

5) Add ReadyAPI test to TestComplete project

tc_2018
      Contributor

Please see the attached image. I have to import postman from here, correct?

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Incorrect.  That's where you tell TestComplete where your installation of ReadyAPI is.  You need to open up the ReadyAPI tool and import Postman from there