Forum Discussion

softwarevikram
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

How to identify/(extract data from) particular row/col/cell in an object that has data in tabular/grid form?

How to identify/(extract data from) particular row/col/cell in an object that has data in tabular/grid form that doesn't support the below properties:

• DataColCnt

• DataRowCnt

• GetText

Is there any other properties/methods that helps to identify/(extract data from) particular row/col/cell in an object that has data in tabular/grid form?

Expecting suggestions from my dear professionals..

2 Replies

• Even I am looking for getting the (row, col) values from gird. Grid I am using is taking as Flex object and it is not showing the methods wvalue, Findrow to get the values, Could some one please suggest how to get the values from particular row and column.

Regards,

Ramesh

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

First of all, both of you need to check whether the controls you are testing are on the list of the officially supported controls here. Official support means that TestComplete adds some additional methods and properties to the control's wrapper. It allows performing the most popular tasks over the controls easier.

Even if you don't find your controls on the list, you can still test them in TestComplete. You will need to use either additional TestComplete recognition features or native methods and properties of the controls. Information about these approaches is specified in the article I mentioned earlier.