Forum Discussion

Harsha1
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

How to automate dynamic popup Menu in desktop application

Hi Team, 

Thank you for your time.

I am trying to automate a dynamic popup menu. I have attached the file for visualization.  Application is built on VC++.

Since popup  menu comes after clicking on Button, the methods and actions are not displayed while writing the script , in this case can i print all the properties on the console so that i can see the properties of runtime objects.

Please feel free to contact me any time,

harshanagaraju.124@gmail.com

rraghvani 

• Try to add the WndClass name to MSAA in project settings, and TC should be able to identify the UI controls.

In this example, I've added Notepad++ so that TC can identify the UI controls

3 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Try to add the WndClass name to MSAA in project settings, and TC should be able to identify the UI controls.

In this example, I've added Notepad++ so that TC can identify the UI controls

Harsha1
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you , we are able to find the objects now. In RFT we have something called , Test Inspector which will display the properties and hierarchy of objects properties where ever we move the cursor.

In Test Complete is there any such tool integrated so that we can see the hierarchy of objects and its properties on hovering on the buttons or popups.