Forum Discussion

Novari-QA
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago

How many mapped objects is too many?

Is there a limit to how many mapped objects test complete can have?  I am expecting to hit over 1000 objects.  Is it possible to have multiple name mapping files and have a script reference a specific one? I think that would be a really useful feature for speed improvements.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm pretty sure we exceeded the 1000 object limit a while ago and are still going. Really, it comes down to drive space and general hardware as to what the upper limit is.  however, I would assume that 1000 is on the low end.

To answer your other question... no... per project, there is only one NameMapping file per project.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

As mentioned elsewhere, though...  Extended Find is probably the primary culprit in your current performance woes... Go through your existing mapped objects, turn off the option where it is not strictly necessary, add any missing ancestor objects, lather, rinse, repeat.  You'll see a MAJOR performance improvement, I'm sure.

Novari-QA
        Frequent Contributor

Yes, I have turned off extended find and I have restarted all my mapped objects in a brand new project.