Forum Discussion

Ned
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

How do I use the POST screenshot for a file that just got created in c:\temp

Can someone show me how to show a screenshot of a file that just got created, much more to show proof the file was created.

I have a run script routine created to tell me if the file was created but I would like to capture a screenshot of the file as well or if its not possible can it be appended to the result log instead.

The test is done with the Keyword test but if adding a routine is easier by own mean please give me an example.

The end goal is to save the proof the file was created if someone wants to recheck it later.

• You have two solutions, one by Explorer, one by cmd.

Explorer

• launch explorer,
    • go to your directory,
    • make a search on your filename (because if directory is already filled, that will avoid you to scroll on)
    • use explorer obj.Picture() to save it as screenshot inside log or in external file
    •  

Cmd

• launch cmd
    • make a dir c:\temp\yourfilename
    • use cmd obj.Picture() to save it as screenshot inside log or in external file

In both that will slowdown your test execution and implies files and rights access.

If it happens frequently, keep the Explorer or Cmd instance opened to reduce time/action.

How to manipulate Explorer and Cmd ? take a glance at the TestComplete samples

5 Replies

BenoitB
    Community Hero

You have two solutions, one by Explorer, one by cmd.

Explorer

• launch explorer,
    • go to your directory,
    • make a search on your filename (because if directory is already filled, that will avoid you to scroll on)
    • use explorer obj.Picture() to save it as screenshot inside log or in external file
    •  

Cmd

• launch cmd
    • make a dir c:\temp\yourfilename
    • use cmd obj.Picture() to save it as screenshot inside log or in external file

In both that will slowdown your test execution and implies files and rights access.

If it happens frequently, keep the Explorer or Cmd instance opened to reduce time/action.

How to manipulate Explorer and Cmd ? take a glance at the TestComplete samples

nedbacan
    Frequent Contributor

These solution will work for me, but will I try to do Benoit's direction first.

Thank you a lot Alex and BenoitB. Both are great suggestions

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Great! I'll go ahead and mark this reply as a solution for now then :smileyhappy: