Forum Discussion

Lrjaj
New Contributor
7 years ago

How can i improve the performence of creation the test report?

Hi,

How can i improve the performence of creation the test report?

The testsuite duration is about 13 Hour and testreport creation is about 2 Hour?

Thanks

:)

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about "creation of the test report".  TestComplete's logs are constructed in memory and flushed to disk at the end of the test run.  Are you talking about that "report" or a custom report you have built?

something that MIGHT help with this performance is to have TestComplete auto-save the log every few minutes.  I think this reduces the amount of log information kept in memory.  This is done on the project level.  Go to Tools | Current Project Properties | Playback.  There's an option there to save the log every so many minutes.  Set that to the desired value (e.g., 5), save, and see if that helps.

Lrjaj
      New Contributor

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much for your answer. I talked about "report” and i will try the auto-save function. Maybe can this reduce our execution time.
      Is there any other option to improve the performance?
      I don't know why TestComplete need to much time just to create a report? :(

Thanks

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

You're running a test for 13 hours.  I assume that you're probably logging a LOT of information in those 13 hours.  That information needs to be organized and formatted out to the log.

Suggestion: You might want to examine how much information you're logging.  For example, if you're testing whether or not an object exists on screen, you're probably logging a positive when it does exist and a negative when it doesn't.  In honesty, I really don't need to see in a log all the details about a test when it is passing.  I just need to know "The test passed".  If it fails, I need to know why it fails.  So... I only log Errors and Warnings and minimize any Log.Messages or anything like that.  If you can reduce the amount of information you're writing to your log, this could also improve performance.