Forum Discussion

A79969
Occasional Contributor
11 months ago
Solved

How can I update selector In my Desktop Testing

As is shown in the picture,the object has changed,I just only delete it and record it again.How can I quickly update it?  I tried to click the "Update Selectors",but it is disabled. Any other way?

• If the parent object properties are changing which causes the child object not to be found, then you need to use wildcard in your parent object properties.

For example, you might be able to merge these to object together using wildcard

It's vital to get the name mappings correctly defined, otherwise the whole hierarchy structure can break!

3 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

The control needs to be visible on your application. You can then either Edit the name mapping, or Update Selectors if it's not able to find the control with the properties given.

A79969
      Occasional Contributor

if it's not able to find the control with the properties given,I can Edit the name mapping.But there is another case, if the object's hierarchical path changed, how should I do to update the selector? 

As is shown in the picture, the Update Selectors  button is disabled

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

If the parent object properties are changing which causes the child object not to be found, then you need to use wildcard in your parent object properties.

For example, you might be able to merge these to object together using wildcard

It's vital to get the name mappings correctly defined, otherwise the whole hierarchy structure can break!