Forum Discussion

iambharathm
Occasional Visitor
8 years ago

Handling security certificate error for Chrome using Test Complete

Hi,

I am automating a Web UI using chrome and when I launch my web URL I'm getting a security error as follows:

"This server could not prove that it is *******; its security certificate is not trusted by your computer operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection."

Could you please help me how could this be handled during the automation to avoid this king of Proxy Error.

Regards,

Bharath M

bharath.2.m@gmail.com

1 Reply

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Bharath,

If I remember correctly, certificate error is displayed on one of Chrome's internal pages with no external access allowed. So TestComplete cannot identify and work with controls on this page.

An obvious but fragile workaround is to use image recognition and 'blind' coordinate-based clicking using the LLPlayer object in TestComplete.

If you experience this problem with only new tests workstations and new test workstation is a rare event, you may require initial manual navigation to the site and its inclusion to the trusted sites list.

One more possible approach is to search for some admin script (using VBScript, powershell, etc.) that adds problematic site to the list of trusted sites for Chrome and execute this script before first functional test in TestComplete.