Forum Discussion

nishaa123
Contributor
8 years ago

Getting "Internal error Occurred While running the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser" Error.

I am getting the error "Internal error Occurred While running the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser" While running below code

Call Browsers.Item("iexplore").Run

Can you tell me the reason?

When i am trying to open the IE manually  than i could see on task manager two process together opened.

6 Replies

sanjay0288
    Frequent Contributor

Hi,

As suggested by tristaanogre Please check the IE settings.

Also Can you please provide more info. Attach a screenshot of the error what you are getting and also provide the environment details i.e Which OS( 32 or 64 Bit) and IE version.

Also Can you kill all the IE process from task manager and execute the below code and check

Browsers.Item(btIExplorer).Run(<url>)

For your second query please check the link below. Might be of some help.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-windows_7/why-do-multiple-at-least-2-iexploreexe-processes/21e72a38-9a54-428a-8834-0a3a551eed75

nishaa123
      Contributor

Hi

I did IE setting suggested by tristaanogre

I also tried the code by Sanjay.

I am still getting attached error for launching the IE browser.

I also reinstall my IE.

Note:1) If i manually keep  IE browser then i can able to open URL through code.

2)It is working for IE9 but we don't support IE 9 

3) I tried the same code for Chrome.The browser launched but URL didn't opened.

Environmental Detail: IE10 , 64 bit OS Windows 7 Professional.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

TestComplete is a 32-bit application still.  So, technically speaking, when it launches an IE instance, I THINK it launches the 32-bit version.

So, verify when you run your test that the version of IE that is being opened is the 32-bit version.

You can force this using

Browsers.Item(btIExplorer, '', pX86).Run()

One thing, also, that I just noticed...

Run is a method... in the code you put in your OP, you left off the parenthesis after the call to Run. If you do so, you could also get VBScripting errors.  Double check your code to make sure you are executing properly.