Ask a Question

Getting browser already open error message in Test Execute

smartbutton
Occasional Contributor

Getting browser already open error message in Test Execute

Hi,

 

I am trying to run a project in Test Execute, first script is running successfully and closing the browser at the end of the script.

For running the second script Test execute is stopping and giving error messages in the logs "The browser is already running'.

But these scripts are running fine on Test complete.

Please see the attached screen shot for errors, I am new to Test complete and test execute. Please advice.

 

Thanks,

Anna

9 REPLIES 9
DCat1223
Frequent Contributor

Hi Anna...

 

I was having the same issue.  I resolved this by putting a 15000 MS (15 second) delay in at the end of the script to give the browser time to fully close.  I'm using the Keyword test, not scripted.  This is in the Miscellaneous tab of the Operations pannel.

 

Hope this helps you out.

 

Dave.

smartbutton
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dave,

 

I tried  putting 15 seconds wait time at the end of each script after closing the browser and running them in TE but getting the same error.

 

Thanks,

Anna

DCat1223
Frequent Contributor

 Hi Anna...  The delay did the trick for me.

 

I found this article that might help:  https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/75925/#KDT. 

 

Good luck!

 

Dave.

 

 

 

 

 

dmiscannon
Frequent Contributor

Check the following. https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/75925/?utm_source=site-search&utm_medium=search-results&ut...

 

The above article provides how to check if the browser is still open and to close all open browsers, both from keyword and script tests. Add these steps to you test and see if it helps when running them from TestExecute.

djadhav
Regular Contributor

I add all the browsers I use for testing to the TestedApps section. The at the end of every test I run this routine to close the browsers as required.

 

'closes the tested browser
FUNCTION lib_closeBrowser(browserType)
  DIM testedAppIndex
  testedAppIndex = TestedApps.Find(browserType)
  'find index of the tested browser
  IF NOT (testedAppIndex < 0) THEN
    Log.Message("Closing browser : " & browserType)
    IF Sys.WaitBrowser(browserType,3000).Exists THEN
      TestedApps.Items(testedAppIndex).Close
    END IF
    IF Sys.WaitBrowser(browserType,2000).Exists THEN
      TestedApps.Items(testedAppIndex).Terminate
    END IF
    IF Sys.WaitBrowser(browserType,1000).Exists THEN
      CALL kill_Browser(browserType)
    END IF
  ELSE
    Log.Error("Closing browser : " & browserType & " : ERROR: Application not found")
  END IF
END FUNCTION

'CALL function like this
lib_closeBrowser("iexplore")
lib_closeBrowser("chrome")
lib_closeBrowser("firefox")
smartbutton
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Dave for your input, putting Tesrminate method on Browser did the trick for me.

smartbutton
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your input.

smartbutton
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your input

DCat1223
Frequent Contributor

Great!  Glad you found a solution!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: