Forum Discussion

tonydugay
Contributor
9 years ago

Finding and clicking on an object in chrome seems to take longer the first time it is found/clicked

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone else has ever seen this sort of thing/has a way of making it work faster the first time...

The scenario is I find an object using Find(props, vars) and then click on it.

This generally works fine in firefox and internet explorer, but seems slow in chrome - but only the frst time the object is found/clicked.

I'm not talking about slight performance issues - it can be very quick in FF and IE (a matter of fractions of a second) and many seconds or minutes in Chrome.

If I run my test a second time, the Chrome performance is comparable to IE and FF.  It is almost as if something has been cached or compiled the second time.

The issue doesn't affect all objects, just a few in my application under test - but it does mean my tests run slowly in Chrome.

Any pointers would be great as I would like to be able to run the tests cross browser more often.

Thanks,

Tony

1 Reply

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Tony,

I think you agree that TestComplete needs some time to recognize the entire object tree in Chrome. However, the fact that it can take many minutes (as you described) looks strange. Please make sure that you are using the latest TestComplete version and the patch for your Chrome version is installed on your computer.